In response to the current pandemic which is impacting societies and the financial world, international and national authorities and institutions have defined guidelines, and established new physical rules to contain the contamination.
Organisations have activated crisis management plans and put in place complex systems and actions adapted to the COVID-19 situation. Measures adopted must comply with the local and national intervention actions, and be updated when required. Effective deployment is essential to protect the health of employees and family members, as well as ensuring business continuity. Effectiveness hinges on how well actions are adapted to the specific situation, executed and adopted by the organisation.
How can we help?
DNV GL’s Crisis Management Assessment Protocol assesses the mitigation measures adopted by the organisation to manage the threat and impact of contamination from COVID-19 on its business operations. The Protocol provides a maturity measure by identifying gaps, noteworthy efforts and improvements. The assessment is done according to our dedicated model’s 7 dimensions:
- Data analysis
- The organisation’s context
- The organisational structure prepared for the management of the crisis
- Risk analysis and planned mitigation measures
- Resources and actions adopted to mitigate the risks
- Analysis of documents prepared by the organisation (e.g. procedures, records, organizational arrangements, etc.)
- Interviews with the organisation’s crisis management team(s).
- Interviews with staff working at the office, production plants and sites, warehouse, remotely, etc.
The independent evaluation provides insight allowing quick implementation of mitigating measures. Whether short-term actions or long-term process changes, it will safeguard your employees and business continuity. The results may be used to draw up a detailed action plan responding to the gaps identified.
DNV GL could provide the following additional services:
- Methodological support for defining the action plan.
- Follow-up assessment to determine the effectiveness of the action plan.
- Periodic assessments to assess the maintenance and update of the crisis management practices adopted to ensure continued compliance.