Product certification is a global business covering manufacturing locations in many different countries and regions. The costs of conducting surveillance activities as part of the certification process vary depending upon the proximity of the customer to a DNV GL office.
DNV GL solution
Using a live streaming connection between the customer’s site and the DNV GL office with competent surveyors available, a survey can be conducted without onsite attendance. In this way, the same level of quality and technical expertise that customers and the industry expect from DNV GL can be provided without the need for non-productive travel time. Minimal hardware and setup are involved, as the system uses readily accessible and easy-to-use technology.
Outcome and benefits
Through the use of digital surveillance DNV GL can deliver:
- Reduction in cost when a customer is located at a distance from a DNV GL office that has relevant surveyors to carry out the task
- Larger pool of available surveyors to conduct survey at a time to suit the customer
- Hosting of onsite activities allowing other parties (including ultimate customer) to participate in any visual or functional testing without travelling to site
- Recording of surveys for future reference and reducing need for additional assurance activities
- Reduced carbon footprint to achieve certification
- Access to technical support for customers and surveyors in real time.