- Energy: addressing the cause of climate change, the solution through low carbon energy systems and the need to build resilience and adapt to a changing climate
- Society: addressing the challenges and opportunities at the interface between different stakeholders for a low carbon and resilient future: business, government, academia and civil society
For both these systems, there are a number of critical ways to induce change which we have called enablers.
- Governance and regulations
What are the characteristics and processes for effective regulations and governance to ensure a resilient and low carbon future, and what standards and best practices can DNV GL contribute with?
- Economic systems and business models
What are the characteristics of new economic systems and business models, and how can DNV GL be a catalyst for change towards these systems and models?
- Communication and knowledge uptake
How can we make climate change meaningful and actionable and impact change?
- Tools and frameworks (Climate services)
What tools and frameworks are needed to address transformation to a low carbon future and build resilience and support adaptation to a changing climate?
- Technology transfer
How can we accelerate global development, transfer and deployment of locally relevant climate change mitigation and adaptation technologies?